Art House Convergence Call for Nominations: Board of Directors, Class of 2023
The Art House Convergence (AHC) is a coalition of independent exhibitors that connects, amplifies, and advocates for its community. The AHC Board of Directors is pleased to announce a call for nominations for six (6) new members to join the Board as the Class of 2023.
The AHC Board member job description is as follows:
- Serve a term of two (2) years
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings
- Serve on at least one (1) board committee and attend committee meetings as necessary
Leadership and Organizational Development
- Advance the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Govern the organization by broad policies and objectives.
- Be responsible to the public for the services of the organization, including: providing for fiscal accountability, approving the budget, and formulating policies related to contracts from public and private resources; and accepting responsibility for all conditions and policies.
- Provide continuity for the organization by ensuring and advocating the services of the organization, and ensuring the ongoing oversight of the organization.
- Ensure that the Art House Convergence operates in a manner that upholds values of anti-racism, and holds Board, Staff, and Members of the community accountable to standards that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, both within the membership base of the Art House Convergence, and within conferences, seminars, and other public programs of the organization.
- Help ensure effective organizational planning.
- Provide candid, open, and honest feedback and evaluation when appropriate.
- Enhance and maintain the organization’s public image.
- Serve as an informal advocate for the Art House Convergence in the community.
- Serve as a conduit to other constituents and members of the community.
Resource Development and Management
- Help oversee the management of resources.
- Take initiative in informing the organization about opportunities for funding or program development.
- Identify individuals in the community for volunteer participation or funding support.
- Ensure proper filing of appropriate financial documentation (tax returns, charitable registrations, etc.)
Board members are not compensated for their service on the AHC board. Companies or organizations affiliated or owned by board members may contract for specific services with AHC, which shall not be construed as board compensation. Board members shall sign an annual conflict of interest statement, and may need to recuse themselves from certain matters of business that may trigger such a conflict.
In its current incarnation, the AHC Board is a working board, and members may be called upon to provide volunteer services in the execution of necessary administrative tasks. Board members can expect to contribute 5-10 hrs/month during their term of service.
Expectation of Resource Development
Each board member must be a current member of Art House Convergence and seek to provide additional resources to the organization.
While we encourage anyone from our industry to join the board, we have identified several areas of expertise/skills sets that would be desirable in nominations for the Class of 2023 as a way to reinforce existing board strengths:
- Representation from the West Coast and Southern segment of the arthouse industry
- Expertise in technological systems and/or software platforms
- Experience in conference and/or event planning
- Expertise in financial operations
- Expertise in front of house operations
- Expertise in celluloid (16/35/70mm) film projection, equipment maintenance, technological and industry trends
- Experience in film archives
The nomination process, voting, regulations and deadlines are as follows:
All AHC board members must be AHC members. If you are interested in self-nominating for the Board, but are not a member, join AHC here.
July 18th: Self-nominations due (NOW CLOSED)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to welcoming our new class of board members!