National Audience Survey
A look at Art House patrons and their movie-going habits.
For the sixth consecutive year, AHC has partnered with Avenue ISR to learn more about Art House audiences in the U.S. Each year, the audience survey gathers valuable data about how patrons learn about Art House programs, when and why they attend, and what they want to see from their local theater.
Key Features of the Survey: 1) Inclusion of film festivals in research sample, 2) Unique profiles of various art house attendees (e.g. millennials, donors, and the ultra affluent), 3) Information about how to engage different patrons to increase attendance and philanthropy, and a 4) Deep dive into digital v. film preferences.
To Participate: 1) Pay $300, 2) Receive a unique link from Avenue ISR to a customized survey, 3) Send the link to your patrons, 4) Receive a customized report with unique results comparing your organization to organizations nationwide, 5) Identify opportunities to enhance communications, member engagement, and philanthropy.
To participate in this year’s study, please sign up here by October 12, 2018.
A presentation of the overall findings will be shared at the 2019 Art House Convergence.
Theater Operations Survey
A look at Art House theater operations ranging from concessions to fundraising.
2018 Theater Operations Survey
We are pleased to announce that the Art House Convergence Theater Operations Survey 2017-2018 is now available through SMU DataArts. The deadline to complete the Theater Operations Survey is Friday, December 7.
The Art House Convergence has partnered with SMU DataArts once again to put together the Theater Operations Survey, a detailed national report with benchmarks in financial, operational, managerial, and programming categories. SMU DataArts’ Cultural Data Profile (CDP) is open to art house movie theaters, film societies, film festivals, and other arts institutions that show movies
How to Get Started
- Go to https://da.culturaldata.org and login to your DataArts account. Once there, you will see instructions on how to participate in the Theater Operations Survey 2017-2018.
- If you are new to SMU DataArts, use this link to create an account and begin the Theater Operations Survey: https://da.culturaldata.org/studies/theater-operations-survey
- For help with setting up your DataArts account, or to ensure you are properly enrolled in this survey, contact SMU DataArts at (877) 707-3282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing the Theater Operations Survey
- Complete a Cultural Data Profile. To learn more, check out this article from SMU DataArts’ Knowledgebase.
- Complete the Theater Operations Survey Questions. To learn more, check out this article from DataArts’ Knowledgebase.
About SMU DataArts
SMU DataArts was founded to bring the language and leverage of data to the business of culture. The Cultural Data Profile is DataArts’ flagship service, which thousands of cultural nonprofits use annually to report their financial and programmatic information. DataArts seeks to be a catalyst for data-informed decision-making.