FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 3, 2022
Art House Convergence Announces the Results of Inaugural Board Election: Welcomes 15 Board Members
Art House Convergence (AHC) announced today the results of the Board of Directors election. An election was held Sept 21-28, 2022 with an electorate comprised of Art House Convergence members using secure, virtual ballots. Out of 42 candidates, the 15 candidates with the most votes were elected to the Board of Directors, a new governance body.
Since its inception, AHC operated as a project of the Michigan Theater Foundation, without its own governing board, bylaws, or bank account. In September 2020, a volunteer group, the Transitional Working Group (TWG) was formed to support and facilitate Art House Convergence’s transition from the Michigan Theater to an independent organization by effectuating a membership drive and board election. The TWG shall dissolve and cede any and all responsibility for the management, government, and fiscal oversight of the Art House Convergence to the new Board. This board is tasked with incorporating the organization, effecting financial independence, and building the future of Art House Convergence as a democratic, transparent, diverse, equitable, inclusive organization.
The new board members will serve a term of office for a minimum of one year, with rolling terms of 1-3 years to be determined by this newly established board. Officers will be elected by the board. The fifteen (15) board members are:
- Matt Bolish, Producer, NYFF & VP of Production & Operations, Film at Lincoln Center
- Javier Chavez, Assistant Film Programmer, AFI Silver Theatre
- Carolyn Chen, Legislative Analyst, Montgomery County Council; Film Festival Manager, Double Exposure Film Festival
- Yasmin Chin Eisenhauer, Executive Director, Amherst Cinema Arts Center
- Ben Delgado, Programming Director, FilmScene
- Ben Godar, Executive Director, Des Moines Film / Varsity Cinema
- Deirdre Haj, Executive Director, Film Streams Cinemas
- Alicia Kozma, Director, Indiana University Cinema
- Arin Liberman, Co-Executive Director, Ragtag Film Society
- Lela Meadow-Conner, Creative Producer/Curator/Founder, mamafilm
- Garineh Nazarian, Director of Marketing and Distribution, FilmRise
- Asha Phelps, Operations & Administrative Manager, IFC Center
- TT Stern-Enzi, Artistic Director, Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival
- Emelyn Stuart, Owner, Stuart Cinema & Cafe
- Stephanye Watts, Founder, BeReelBlack Cinema Club
To learn more about the Art House Convergence Board and read member bios, click here.
About Art House Convergence:
The Art House Convergence (AHC) is dedicated to advancing excellence and sustainability in community-based, mission-driven cinema exhibition.
Administrative Coordinator, Art House Convergence